2016-17 Tuition: $19,655 / Registration Fee: $750
Parents currently have the option of choosing from one of three payment plans:
|Yearly:||One payment due July 17|
|Semester:||Two payments due July 17 and December 17*|
|Monthly:||10 payments due July 17 through April 17*|
*Families that choose the 2-pay or 10-pay plan must have the tuition payments automatically debited from their bank accounts. We do not accept credit cards for tuition payments. The enrollment deadline is March 27, 2017.
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
Serra High School understands that the total cost of a college preparatory experience is a significant investment. Our Financial Aid program is designed to help those families who, even with their sacrifices, are unable to afford full tuition. We are committed to making this experience accessible to all qualified students.
Serra High School has developed a strong Financial Aid program, which is funded by endowment and other fundraising efforts. Serra understands that the total cost of a college preparatory experience is a significant investment. Our Financial Aid program is designed to help those families who, even with their sacrifices, are unable to afford full tuition. Financial need is defined as the difference between the estimated cost of attendance and the family’s ability to pay. We are committed to funding this need and making this experience accessible to all qualified students, to the extent that the school’s budget allows.
Financial Aid FAQs
- When is the deadline to apply?
- Should I wait until my child is accepted before applying for Financial Aid?
- What are the expectations regarding divorced or separated families requesting Financial Aid?
- What is the School’s expectation regarding a non-working parent?
- Does Serra offer full tuition assistance?
- Are all requests for financial aid met?
No. A common misconception among first-time applicant families is that they should wait to hear about their child’s admission before applying for Financial Aid. Under no circumstances is it recommended that you wait, due to the timing of the admission notification which falls after the financial aid deadline. There is a risk that funds will have already been allocated by this time.
Serra’s Financial Aid Committee has mandated that the school must consider the assets of both natural parents, if living, before making any award of Financial Aid. The school cannot be bound by the claim that one parent denies responsibility for educational expenses. In view of this policy, both natural parents, are required to complete the Financial Aid application form and to provide financial information. In addition, it is the responsibility of the primary custodial parent to ask the non-custodial parent to fill out the additional application.
Until this information is provided, the Financial Aid application will be considered incomplete and the School will be unable to make a decision on the application. If either parent has remarried or is living with another adult who is contributing to the household income, the School will consider the assets of the stepparent or live-in person, always bearing in mind that the primary responsibility for payment rests with the natural parents.
In addition to Serra’s Financial Aid program, the Archdiocese of San Francisco has set up a Scholarship program and we encourage all financial aid applicants to apply.
The Clergy Recommendation form is required in order to apply for the Archdiocese Scholarship, and is part of the TADS application process. This form can be downloaded during completion of the TADS forms. The applicant brings this form to his church. The Pastor or Clergy returns the completed recommendation form to TADS.
Applying for Financial Aid
Serra utilizes the services of TADS (Tuition Aid Data Services) to help determine a family’s eligibility for financial aid. You must complete and submit all required documentation and payment directly to TADS by February 10, 2017. Financial aid recipients will be notified in March 2017.
Serra is committed to preserving confidentiality throughout the financial aid process. Therefore, the school requires that all recipients of financial aid sign a letter of acceptance and confidentiality agreement.
First priority for financial aid will be given to applicants who have submitted completed applications by the required deadline. Late or incomplete applications are at risk for full consideration.
Need Assistance with your Application?
You may contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have award information.
110 N. 5th Street, Second Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Financial Aid Policies
- All recipients are required to sign a letter of acceptance and confidentiality.
- Students who have siblings at other tuition-charging schools are required to apply for financial assistance at all other private educational institutions where siblings attend.
- Serra reserves the right to rescind or adjust an award should it be determined that a family’s financial situation is materially different than that conveyed in the application.
- Families must notify Serra within 30 days if there are material differences which occur during the course of the year (i.e., new job, bonus, salary increase or decrease, job loss disability, etc.)
- Mid-year adjustments will be made on a case-by-case basis should materially different information be discovered.
- Awards may be revoked if student or family breaches the confidentiality clause.
- Awards are not final until the applicant’s final signed tax return is received.
- Students must remain in good academic and disciplinary standing, and must be current on their Christian Service requirement and be current on their tuition payment plans in order to be considered for renewal of an award.
- All applicants must sign an IRS form 4506T (signature only - not dated).