Dear Serra Parents and Guardians,
Serra’s Back-to-School Night will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 28. The evening is an excellent opportunity for Serra parents to meet their sons' teachers and learn about classroom expectations for the current school year. It also is a time for parents to reconnect with each other while learning more about the curriculum and extracurricular activities. Students need not attend, as the teachers’ presentations are for parents. Back-to-School Night usually is completed by about 9:30 p.m.
Unlike many other schools, Back-to-School Night will begin in the Serra auditorium instead of Serra classrooms. Please plan to arrive early, as parking on campus is limited. When driving to campus, please enter the campus from the 20th Avenue entrance toward Edinburgh. We also have secured overflow parking. Students will be on campus to direct you.
Please note that we will be on a tight schedule. Class presentations will be about 10 minutes in length and will proceed from 1st through 7th period in order. With this in mind, Back-to-School Night is not a time to have individual conferences with your son’s teachers – there will be opportunities for you to do that later in the semester. Back-to-School Night is intended to be an informative evening for you to learn about our teachers’ expectations and how to contact them as the year moves forward.
Prior to attending this event, you should log in to the PCR Parent Portal and either copy or print your son's class schedule. You can do this easily by logging on to www.serrahs.com
- Click on Quick Links
- Select PCR Parent Connect
- Enter your User Name and password. For most parents your User Name is your email address.
- Click on your son’s name
- Select Student Information
- Select Schedule from the list on the left
- Print the page using your browser
While you are in the Parent Portal, please check out the new Teacher Websites tab, which contains links to our teachers’ Google sites where they post information for students.
If you are unable to login to the PCR Parent Portal, you can request a new password by clicking on the Forgot Password link from the login screen. If you do not receive a new password by email, please contact our PCR Help Desk: PCRHelp@serrahs.com. You will receive a response within one business day.
1. Only first semester classes will meet on Back-to-School Night, in 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 order. 3A and 3B meet, and 6A and 6B will meet as well.
2. Zero period, TA, independent study, lunch, and PE athletics classes will not meet.
3. Tri-School classes at Notre Dame and Mercy will not meet, but Tri-School classes at Serra WILL meet on Back-to-School Night.
4. During your son’s independent study period, please come to the gym or stop by the book store to purchase Serra gear.
5. Parents of students in PE Health will meet in the regular classroom, while PE 3 will meet in the auditorium.
6. There will be exhibits and other materials in the gym throughout the evening, with information about our parent education opportunities and how parents can get involved in the Serra community
7. Refreshments will be served after the evening concludes.
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Serra, we look forward to seeing you on August 28.
Assistant Principal: Academics