Full-time - (40 hours week – 12 month position) - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break, Monday thru Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours, as required.
Junipero Serra High School is a Catholic college preparatory for boys. Located in San Mateo, in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula, Serra’s legacy spans nearly 75 years of excellence in Catholic education. A rich and rigorous academic curriculum, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and an environment of support, compassion, and mutual respect are hallmarks of Serra. Serra’s faculty and staff are deeply committed to mentoring their students, providing a framework for young men to grow in faith, intellect and character.
We are currently seeking a personable, detail-oriented individual for our Advancement Associate opening.
- Maintain and update all office, prospect, and donor records and files, both in computer programs and hard copy
- Ensure gifts are processed in a timely and accurate manner and donors are receipted and acknowledged accordingly
- Coordinate with the business office for monthly and annual reconciliation as well as financial reporting
- Establish administrative procedures, systems, and guidelines for standardizing processes for annual donor stewardship
- In conjunction with other staff and the Special Events Coordinator help plan and implement events and receptions
- In coordination with the Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Alumni Relations, coordinate communications and stewardship of alumni donors
- Prepare all campaign reports and solicitation materials, as directed by the Chief Advancement Officer
- Produce financial reports, as directed by Advancement team and/or campaign staff
- Prepare all follow-up materials for prospects and volunteers as directed by the Chief Advancement Officer
- Assist with capital campaign duties and tasks from time to time, as directed the Chief Advancement Officer
- Assist Marketing & Communications Team with public relations and public information projects, as necessary
- Work cooperatively with committees, volunteers, and other professional and support staff as directed by the Chief Advancement Officer
- Special projects and events as identified by the Chief Advancement Officer
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Three years of related work experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills, e.g. Google Drive, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or related databases
- Excellent verbal and print communications skills, personal initiative, and organizational skills to support Advancement team in a variety of office venues
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work as a team member, interacting with others (e.g. supervisory staff, professional staff members, parents, alumni, and volunteers) in a productive manner
- Ability to work with confidentiality regarding all Advancement Office matters and projects
- A clear understanding of and appreciation for Junipero Serra High School
- Flexibility and high tolerance for change and ambiguity
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with staff and faculty, the school’s other constituencies (e.g. board members, alumni), and the public
- An outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to work well with high school students and with adult colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the tightly-knit Junipero Serra High School community
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Occasional evening and weekend work during capital campaign
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Prior work experience in a school environment
- Genuine interest in growing as an Advancement professional
- Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Must be able to view and operate a computer frequently and consistently, especially in the preparation of reports, crafting and responding to emails, viewing presentations, etc.
- Must be able to talk and hear to communicate effectively with school population and the public
- Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across campus for a variety of events and meetings, often several in a work day
- Must be physically able to assist, when necessary, with event set-up and breakdown, including lifting up to 25 lbs.
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.