Assistant Director of Summer School
2021-2022 School Year
To assist the Director in providing for the smooth operation of the Summer School Program both for middle school students looking toward high school entrance and for high school students seeking the opportunity to take classes for remediation, advancement or enrichment.
Reports to: Director of Summer School
- Assists Summer School Director with plans, initiates, supervises and evaluates all activities and functions required for the operation of Summer School in partnership with summer school director and school administrators.
- Purchases and manages inventory of books and supplies for Summer School.
- Coordinates with the Business Office for the financial operation of the Summer School.
- Prepares for end of Summer Bridge evaluation meeting with the Admissions Team
- Manages and tracks registration activity, including waivers, fee adjustments, and refunds.
- Coordinates management of student, teacher, and class information in the school database with the Dean of Studies (PCR, Zoom, Google, etc).
- Interacts with parents and school personnel to provide general information, information on class curriculum and selection, policy clarification, etc. (This task represents significant phone volume).
- Monitors daily attendance, in conjunction with the Attendance Office
- Assists with daily campus supervision
- Assists Summer School Director to investigate and manage disciplinary issues that arise; ensures communication with administration and parents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Summer Programs and Director of Summer School.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- California Teacher’s Credential
- Three years teaching experience
- Past performance that demonstrates ability to work with the school’s administrative team
- Demonstrated adherence to and active participation in the Roman Catholic faith
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as may be deemed appropriate