Athletic Department Openings
Positions available beginning July, 2018
Full-Time (12 months - July 1st - June 30th)
The mission of the Junípero Serra Athletic Program is to cultivate an atmosphere of athletic excellence that will provide well-coached and motivated individuals and a spirit of positive sportsmanship. We strive to develop the gifts and talents of each individual student-athlete and foster Gospel values in an environment of athletic distinction and mutual respect while building men of faith, wisdom and service.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- California Teaching Credential or MS in Sports Administration preferred
- Five or more years of successful experience in secondary administration or coaching
- Credential as a Certified Athletic Administrator by the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators’ Association (NIAAA) preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in athletic programs to include head coaching and program management
- Adherence to and support of Catholic mission of the school
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as the school deems appropriate
The Athletic Director will:
- Recruit, interview, recommend for employment and supervise and evaluate coaches.
- Supervise the operation of the interscholastic athletic program.
- Conduct regular department meetings and oversee the performance and deportment of Serra players and coaches in interscholastic athletic events; take appropriate action in problem situations.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable State, Central Coast Section and West Catholic Athletic League rules; assure Serra adherence thereto.
- Represent Serra at required athletic meetings.
- Coordinate the scheduling of all athletic events and present them to the Administrative Staff for final approval.
- Prepare, coordinate and implement plans for athletic events, including such details as location and designation of officials.
- Assume responsibility for the purchase, maintenance and inventory of athletic equipment and facilities.
- Prepare, submit for approval and administer the athletic budget.
- Participate in functions, meetings and decisions of the Principal’s Leadership Team and the President’s Council.
- Collaborate with Advancement Office for the communication and promotion of athletic programs and booster efforts.
- Oversee and coordinate the scheduling of volunteers for snack bars at athletic events.
- Maintain social media communications for the athletic department.
- Assure that all practices games and matches are conducted in accord with state, sectional and league regulations and provide for the safety and development of athletes.
- Develop and implement leadership formation activities for team captains.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Administration.
- The Athletic Director is appointed and retained by the Principal and is supervised and evaluated by the Assistant Principal: Student Life in consultation with the Principal.
- The Athletic Director reports directly to and is accountable to the Assistant Principal: Student Life.
CONTACT: Human Resources, send a cover letter, resume, and 2 letters of reference to email