Campus Ministry Position
About Junípero Serra High School
Junípero Serra High School is a Catholic college preparatory for boys located in San Mateo, in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula. Serra’s legacy spans more than 75 years of excellence in Catholic education. A rich and rigorous academic curriculum, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and an environment of support, compassion, and mutual respect are hallmarks of Serra. Serra’s faculty and staff are deeply committed to mentoring their students, providing a framework for young men to grow in faith, intellect and character.
We currently have an opening for the 2021-2022 school year in our Campus Ministry office. The position has the primary responsibility for coordinating and implementing the Christian Service and Justice Program in collaboration with the Campus Ministry Team.
Based on Christ's example of servant leadership, campus ministers at Serra have committed themselves to serve the students, faculty, and staff of the community with their whole hearts.
- To work with the administration in the implementation of the school's mission while maintaining the Catholicity of the school
- To coordinate the service and justice programs of the school, serve as the liaison with site supervisors at local service agencies, facilitate the Christian Service classroom component of the program, and promote a culture of servant leadership and justice at Serra
- To assist with some aspects of liturgy, retreats, immersion and prayer services
- To support and coordinate aspects of the Mission and Brotherhood program
- To support the ministerial needs of the faculty and staff
- To complement the general goals and objectives of the Theology Department
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Campus Ministry
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- Course studies in the field of Theology, Spirituality, Pastoral Ministry or Religious Education
- Experience of ministry with youth
- Demonstrated adherence to and active participation in the Catholic faith
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as may be deemed appropriate
Education & Experience:
- Practicing Roman Catholic with a strong foundation in Catholic theology and ongoing faith formation
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Theological Studies, Religious Education, Pastoral Ministry or related field
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.