Director of Admissions
Full-time (12 months)
Reports to: Head of Department for Admissions
About Junípero Serra High School
Junípero Serra High School is a Catholic college preparatory for boys. Located in San Mateo, in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula, Serra’s legacy spans over 75 years of excellence in Catholic education. A rich and rigorous academic curriculum, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and an environment of support, compassion, and mutual respect are hallmarks of Serra. Serra’s faculty and staff are deeply committed to mentoring their students, providing a framework for young men to grow in faith, wisdom and service as active members and leaders in the community.
About the position:
The Director of Admissions will be responsible for planning and implementing key Admissions Office programs, under the guidance of the Admissions Department Head. As the primary Serra representative for middle school visits, high school fairs, and our Padre for a Day program, he/she will be the “face and voice of Serra” to multiple constituents, including prospective applicants, their parents, middle school teachers and administrators, and colleagues. The ideal candidate is a personable individual and skillful public speaker who genuinely enjoys working in an educational environment and can effectively represent the culture and mission of our school. The role of the Admissions Director at Serra requires someone who is a team player, who takes initiative, is organized and detail oriented. The position requires some evening and weekend work.
- Responsible for the implementation, organization, and management of the Padre for a Day Program, Middle School program, and Student Ambassador program
- Manage and organize interviews and High School Placement Test
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining school relationships with middle school principals and classroom teachers
- Responsible for the development and implementation of middle school presentations, scheduling of presentations, and securing current Padres to present at alma mater
- Represent Serra at all high school fairs
- Assist with the planning and coordination of all admission related events and activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to authentically and effectively represent Serra to current and prospective parents, students, school representatives from Catholic, private, and public schools as well as to colleagues
- Experience and competence in public speaking
- Relationship building skills with demonstrated success working with/mentoring adolescent boys
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills--both oral and written
- Self starter who takes initiative and can work independently as well as on a team
- Strong sense of professionalism, confidentiality and maturity
- Strong working knowledge of microsoft office and google products (word, excel, forms)
- Experience with managing and using customer relationship management databases (Salesforce experience is a plus)
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation to Serra High School Human Resources.