St. Junípero Serra Scholars
Every year, Serra identifies a select group of incoming freshmen whose academic and co-curricular achievements truly stand out. These exceptional young Padres are acknowledged as St. Junípero Serra Scholars.
St. Junípero Serra Scholars receive a scholarship, renewable each year they attend Serra and meet the criteria established for the program. Students are identified by Serra’s Admissions Committee to receive this honor.
The general profile of a scholarship recipient is a young man who has:
- Grades of A- or better in each of the core subjects of English, math, history, and science in seventh and eighth grades
- Outstanding recommendations from teachers for his academic achievements, moral character, and conduct
- High School Placement Test scores in the 90th percentile or above on multiple measures
- Standardized test scores from seventh and eighth grades that are consistent with his academic profile
- Demonstrated initiative and/or leadership in extracurricular and community activities
Serra is proud to welcome a new cohort of St. Junípero Serra Scholars each year. If you have questions about this program, please contact the Admissions Office.