International General Admissions Information
Serra welcomes young men from around the globe to apply for 9th, 10th, or 11th grade with the intention of graduating from Junípero Serra High School. We only accept students for the fall semester. A well-qualified international applicant is a young man who has a:
- strong record of academic achievement
- high degree of proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
- keen interest in immersing himself in the Junípero Serra High School community and the American culture
- genuine desire to live and engage with an American host family
To initiate the admissions process, applicants must submit the following documents to Serra’s International Program team:
2. Official academic transcripts representing the student’s three most recent years of school; transcripts must have an English translation.
3. Letters of Recommendation from two teachers (letters from math and English teachers are required). Each Letter of Recommendation should be sealed
and on school letterhead.
4. Copy of current passport.
5. Official TOEFL Score Report or IELTS Test Report Form (Your application cannot be processed until your TOEFL or IELT scores have been submitted.)
Applicant's Grade Level Score Range
9th Grade: TOEFL: 70-80 (iBT) IELTS: 6.0
10th Grade: TOEFL: 75-85 (iBT) IELTS: 6.5
11th Grade: TOEFL: 85+ (iBT) IELTS: 7.0
Supporting documents in PDF format can be emailed here. You also can send documents by traditional mail to:
Junípero Serra High School
451 West 20th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403-1385
Upon receipt and review of the completed online application, an International Program team member will contact the applicant directly to set up an interview through SKYPE, by telephone, or in person. Students who are accepted to Junípero Serra High School will be required to secure their places with a non-refundable deposit of $5,000 and provide a copy of their F-1 Student Visa before admission can be finalized. (Serra will help the student secure the I-20 through the San Francisco Archdiocese.)
For more information, please contact us by email or phone at 650.345.8207 ext. 137.