Welcome Transfer Students!
We are always excited to welcome transfer students to our Padre brotherhood! Being accepted to Serra is truly an accomplishment and we are so happy that you have chosen to spend the rest of your high school career with us.
We look forward to watching you grow, develop and transform into confident, intellectual leaders. Serra is a community of faith, wisdom, service, leadership and unity. Your entrance and presence will add so much to our Serra community.
As you transition to Serra, we encourage you to engage quickly, connect with your teachers and counselor, and embrace change. The boys that you will see walking the halls are eager to meet you -- as classmates, teammates, castmates, club leaders and more. There are more opportunities here than you can imagine and we encourage you to experience as much as you can. We are here to support you in this impactful transition and will work with you to make you feel welcome and included.
We are certain that you have many questions as you prepare for your journey at Serra. Please frequently visit this webpage, where we will feature helpful links, important dates, required forms and frequently asked questions.
In the interim, we are here to answer any questions that you may have. Please email us, or leave us a voicemail at 650.345.8207 x 6115. We will return your call shortly.
Welcome to the Serra brotherhood! Go Padres!
IMPORTANT CHECKLIST FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
Schedules are located on PCR. You will receive an email prompting you to create your PCR. Once you login, you will see your son's class list. However, class schedules will not be posted until August.
All new students are required to attend a technology orientation. The school will send an email about schedule options.
Demographic Form (live link)
If you haven't already done so, please click on the above link and complete the demographic form as soon as possible.
Please email proof of immunizations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31.
Physical Form (live link)
All new students are required to submit a physical form. If your son is planning on playing a sport, you will need to create an account on our Athletic Clearance Website. You will upload the completed physical form to the Athletic Clearance Website before July 31. Please email Justin Ferdinand to determine what forms are required for athletic eligibility
Every student is required to do summer reading and math. Summer reading can be located here. Math assignments are on PCR. Once you create the PCR login, you will be able to locate the math assignments under the summer assignments tab on the main page.
Serra attire can be purchased on our online Padre Store. We recommend placing orders as soon as possible, as orders have been delayed due to COVID.
Serra Padres are able to wear jeans or khaki pants or shorts. Jeans may not have any holes in them. T-shirts must be Serra t-shirts. If they do not want to wear Serra attire, then they are required to wear collared shirts. There can be a small logo on the shirt, but no bigger than a fist. Sweatshirts are allowed but logo size must be adhered to.
Student-Parent Handbook (live link):
Please note that the administration is currently working on revisions to the handbook, which will be updated soon.
Serra is a Bring Your Own Device school. Device requirements can be found here. Our current students have told us they do not recommend a IPad. Many of our students have Macbooks or a laptop of their choice. Please review the device requirements prior to purchasing a device.
There will be a mandatory orientation for all transfer students. Currently, we anticipate this orientation for Saturday, August 15. As we continue to plan for the reopening of school in the fall, the format and date may change. We will communicate any changes as soon as they become available. For now, please anticipate your son being on campus Saturday, August 15 at 10 a.m.
please note that dates for orientation are subject to change.
Transfer Student FAQs
- Where can I locate important information for new transfer students?
- What type of summer communications can I expect?
- When will we receive information about carpools?
- What is the uniform/dress code?
- When are the medical forms due and what happens if you can’t get a doctor’s appointment for a physical?
- Will our son be assigned a “Big Brother”?
- New families were asked to consider making a contribution pledge in their welcome packets. When are those pledges due?
- Is there a recycling program for Serra gear so older/bigger students can donate gently used gear to younger/smaller Padres?
- Padre gear orders are delayed (4+ weeks). Will the dress code be a bit flexible at the beginning of the school year if our order has not been received?
- Is there a roadmap/schedule of upcoming communications (what and from whom)? There are a lot of communications coming from different people and it is somewhat challenging to keep track of what to expect when.
- What are the dates for the technology orientation?
Questions about Courses and Academics
- When will we receive the class schedules?
- When should we order books and technology devices?
- What type of summer homework will there be and is it required?
- Are different types of devices or supplementary software (laptops, etc.) recommended for ARC students?
- Where should parents/students be directed for ARC specific questions?
Questions about Extracurricular Offerings
Questions about Distance Learning and Covid-19 Related Questions
- How did distance learning work for the spring semester at Serra?
- What other activities were Serra students involved with outside of academics during the crisis?
- How were music and studio arts classes handled with distance learning? What about classes with science labs?
- How about ARC students? How were they supported during Shelter in Place?
- What health and safety measures are being put into place?
- What’s the plan for the fall?
- Will sports still be happening in the fall?
- My family has been financially affected by COVID-19 and I am now concerned about our ability to pay Serra’s tuition. Do you have any suggestions?
- If we have a model in the fall that has students in the classroom, will students who are ill/sick be able to Zoom in to class remotely?
- With respect to fall sports, is it possible that some sports might go ahead while others don't? For example, could cross country take place even if football is suspended?
- Important Dates for Incoming Students for 2020-2021: Are these dates firm or subject to change?
- Can transfer students participate in the online workouts the JV and Varsity football teams are doing over the summer?
- Will the July 31 due physical due date be flexible?
- Will athletics accept last year's physical exam results if a student's pediatrician is not taking appointments during the covid-19 crisis?
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Frosh Orientation Day
Friday, August 14, 2020 (9 a.m.-1 p.m.)
Transfer Students Orientation Day (Mandatory)
saturday, August 15, 2020 (10 a.m.)
date subject to change
Frosh Retreat & Family Welcome Mass
Saturday, August 15, 2020 (8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.)
First Day of School for All Students
Monday, August 17, 2020
First Day of Classes
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Mandatory New Athlete & Parent Orientation
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Labor Day School Holiday
Monday, September 7, 2020
Veterans Day School Holiday
Friday, November 13, 2020
Wednesday-Friday, November 25-27, 2020
Fall Semester Finals
Tuesday-Friday, December 15-18, 2020
Saturday, December 19, 2020 - Monday, January 4, 2021
Spring Semester Begins
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Martin Luther King Jr. School Holiday
Monday, January 18, 2021
President’s Day School Holiday
Monday, February 15, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021 - Monday, April 12, 2021
Spring Semester Finals
Tuesday-Friday, May 25-28, 2021
Saturday, May 29, 2021
Something we didn't answer?
Please email the Serra Admissions Office
with any other questions or concerns that you may have. Or, call us at 650.345.8207 x6115.