We are excited to welcome our Padres back to campus for in-person learning!
We are excited to welcome all our Padres back to campus for in-class learning and to offer a full array of extracurricular activities. Although the continuing pandemic will likely present us with more unforeseen challenges, we are confident that we will adapt with laser focus to what’s best for the students, teachers and community.
In accordance with San Mateo County Health Department mandates and guidelines, we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of everyone in our Serra community. It’s imperative that we all work collaboratively and take personal responsibility for adherence to the policies and procedures we’ve set forth. This will allow us to maintain the spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical formation of our students as we continue to navigate the unchartered waters of a worldwide pandemic.
The San Mateo County Pandemic Recovery Framework offers suggestions and recommendations on a range of approaches to mitigating the spread of COVID in the school setting. In consultation with the various oversight agencies and medical professionals, Serra developed a comprehensive approach for health and safety during the pandemic that includes symptom pre-screening before entry, wearing of face masks, air purification systems using HEPA and MERV 13 filters, and health and safety protocols. Vaccination against COVID and COVID surveillance testing are a key part of this comprehensive strategy. We strongly encourage all members of the community--students, faculty and staff and parents, to get vaccinated. Should someone in our community test positive for COVID, or be a close contact of a positive case, the plan outlines quarantine requirements to mitigate against spread in the Serra community. We will continue to update our protocols in response to changing health directives and adjust our protocols as necessary.
The San Mateo Pandemic Recovery Framework recognizes different levels of COVID transmission risk associated with being vaccinated or unvaccinated, and thus distinguishes testing and quarantine recommendations and protocols between these groups. The approach of testing unvaccinated students and adults is consistent with the guidelines of the framework in the context of the overall strategy.
This microsite will serve as a consolidated resource for information regarding our COVID-19 School Safety Plan for the 2021-2022 school year.
Please understand that this information is subject to change based on local conditions and public health orders.
Let us walk together in the light of faith, as we recall the words of St. Junípero Serra . . .
"Siempre adelante, nunca atras! Always forward, never back."
COVID-19 School Safety Plan for the 2021-2022 School Year
We have submitted our 2021-2022 School Safety Plan to the San Mateo County Office of Education as required by San Mateo County Health. You can view our complete School Safety Plan here. Following is helpful information taken from the plan to acquaint you with the policies and procedures we have adopted for the new school year.
- What percentage of students and faculty/staff are currently vaccinated?
- Are faculty, staff and students mandated to get vaccinated?
- Can my son or I ask his teachers about their vaccination status?
- If a teacher has to quarantine as a result of a positive COVID-19 test or exposure to COVID-19, will he or she be teaching from home while students are in class at school?
- If my son is sick at home for any reason, can he participate in class via Zoom?
- What do I do if my son tests positive for COVID-19?
- Is there a sick room on campus?
- Can the students eat their lunches in the cafeteria?
- Is Serra requiring flu shots for students?
- If my son has a sore throat or any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or his sibling or other family member has symptoms, what should I do?
- Will you disclose when there is a COVID-19 outbreak in the community? How will we be notified?
- Will you be checking temperatures at the door every morning?
- What is the mask requirement when on campus?
- How do I count five days for isolation?
Ongoing Communications and Spotlight on Serra Archives
Serra internal communications for parents and students will continue to be sent out through our PCR portal. more general information can be found here.
March 30, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
March 27, 2022 - Important Information Regarding COVID Testing Protocols
March 23, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
March 16, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
March 9, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
March 3, 2022 - An Important Message Regarding Face Masks
March 2, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
- January 26, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
- January 19, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
- January 12, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
- January 8, 2022 - An Important Message from Serra High School
- January 5, 2022 - Spotlight on Serra
- January 4, 2022 - Bay Area Air Quality Public Notice
- January 3, 2022 - An Important Message from Serra High School
- December 31, 2021 - An Important Message from Serra High School
- December 21, 2021 - An Important Health and Safety Message from Serra High School
- December 15, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- December 8, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- December 1, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- November 23, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- November 17, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- November 10, 2021 - Letter from Pamela Lyons, Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- November 10, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- November 3, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- October 27, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- October 20, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- October 13, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- October 6, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- September 29, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- September 22, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- September 15, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- September 8, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- September 5, 2021 - Important Information Regarding On-Campus COVID-19 Testing
- September 1, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- August 27, 2021 - Important information regarding updated Covid19 protocols
- August 26, 2021 - Important information regarding positive Covid19 case on campus
- August 25, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- August 18, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
- August 13, 2021 - Important information regarding first day of school
- August 2, 2021 - Important information regarding back-to-school protocols