We are excited to welcome our Padres back to campus for in-person learning.
In accordance with San Mateo County Health Department mandates and guidelines, we are committed to a return-to-campus plan that prioritizes the health and safety of everyone in our Serra community. It’s imperative that we all work collaboratively and take personal responsibility for adherence to the policies and procedures we’ve set forth. This will allow us to maintain the spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical formation of our students through our thoughtfully reimagined curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities during this life-altering COVID-19 crisis.
This microsite will serve as a consolidated resource for information regarding our return-to-campus plans.
Please understand that this information is subject to change based on local conditions and public health orders. We also will be continually assessing our plan and may make adjustments to improve the on-campus experience for our students, faculty and staff.
SCHOOL PLAN FOR REOPENING 2020-2021
- Arrival on Campus
- Serra’s Return to Campus Plan
- Student ID Card - Display Requirements
- Physical Distancing and Movement within the School
- Student Lockers/Student Supplies
- On Campus Food Service
- Library Access
- Campus Visitors
- Travel and Socializing
- Padre Pledge
- Departure from Campus
- CDPH Table: Youth and Adult Recreational Sports
- If a teacher is exposed/diagnosed, will that teacher then be teaching from home? Will students still come to class? What is the process?
- If a student is exposed/diagnosed, how long until he can come back on campus?
- If my son has a sore throat, or his sibling has a sore throat, what should I do?
- If a student has to travel on the weekend (e.g. for a college trip), can he still attend on-campus classes or athletic conditioning the following week?
- What happens if it rains? How will that affect lunch and athletics?
- If my son finishes school at 2:30 p.m. but doesn’t have sports conditioning until 4 p.m., where can he hang out or study during that time?
- Will you disclose when there is an outbreak in the school community? How will we be notified?
- If a student is sick on his designated “on campus” day, can he participate via Zoom?
- Will common areas like the chapel, library and cafeteria be open?
- Will you be checking student temperatures every morning?
- Will the ARC be open for study hall and support?
- Is there a sick room on campus?
- Where do I pick my son up after school?
- Are you requiring flu shots for students?
- Do we need to send in the results to the COVID-19 test?
- What if my son’s COVID-19 test results are positive?
- Must underclassmen turn in their COVID-19 test by November 5?
- What if I don't want my freshman or sophomore son to attend on-campus learning in December?
- If we travel or participate in high risk behaviors as defined by the county, do we have to quarantine for 14 days?
- What are high risk activities?
Pandemic Recovery Framework for Schools
The San Mateo County Coalition for Safe Schools and Communities released its Pandemic Recovery Framework, which provides school leaders with the health and education guidance needed to develop specific plans for the safe reopening of school campuses. Serra will be using these guidelines for school and planning operations for the 2020-21 academic year. Our planning is ongoing and will continue with the release of this information.
Ongoing Communications and Spotlight on Serra Archives
Serra internal communications for parents and students will continue to be sent out through our PCR portal. more general information can be found here.
March 31, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
March 24, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
March 23, 2021 - Important Information regarding Wednesday On-Campus Testing
March 17, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
March 15, 2021: Important Information about Serra On-Site Testing
March 11, 2021: Important Information Regarding Updated Covid-19 Protocols
March 10, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
March 9, 2021: Important Regarding Athletics and COVID Testing Protocols
January 27, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
January 20, 2021 - Spotlight on Serra
January 13, 2021: Spotlight on Serra
January 12, 2021: Information information about "Let them play effort."
January 6, 2021: Spotlight on Serra
November 30, 2020: Important Information from Serra High School
November 24, 2020: Important Information from Serra High School
November 18, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
November 16, 2020: Important Information from Serra High School
November 11, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
November 9, 2020: Today's Back to School Report Card
November 4, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
November 2, 2020: Important Information regarding Return to School Plans
October 30, 2020: Important Specifics Regarding Return to School Plans
October 28, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
October 22, 2020: JSHS Plan -SMCOE/ PRF
October 21, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
October 14, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
October 12, 2020: Important Announcement about Reopening Process
October 7, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
September 30, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
September 23, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
September 16, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
September 9, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
September 5, 2020: On-Campus Athletic Conditioning Protocols
September 2, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
July 31, 2020: Modifications to school reopening plans
July 29, 2020: Important information regarding school reopening plans
July 22, 2020: Important Information regarding school reopening plans
July 20, 2020: CIF Announces Modified Sport Schedule for 2020-2021 School Year
July 15, 2020: Continuing to plan for new school year
May 13, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
May 11, 2020: Important message from Serra High School: Parent Survey
May 11, 2020: Important message from the Principal regarding "highly regulated" gatherings
May 6, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
April 29, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
April 24, 2020: New Distance Learning Schedule to begin
April 22, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
April 20, 2020: Message from Superintendent Pamela Lyons
View video message to families here.
April 15, 2020: Important message about Serra school closure
April 8, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
April 06, 2020: Message from President Barry Thornton, Ed.D.: Stories of Courage
April 01, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
March 30, 2020: Important message about school closure, faith and support
March 25, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
March 18, 2020: Spotlight on Serra
March 10, 2020: Letter from Superintendent of Schools Pamela Lyons
March 10, 2020: All schools in the San Francisco Archdiocese will be closed through March 25
March 09, 2020: School activities update
March 08, 2020: Serra school closure
March 02, 2020: What is Serra doing to prepare for the Coronavirus?