Padre Rowing Camp
An Introduction to High School Rowing
Padre Rowing Camp is an introduction to competitive high school sweep rowing designed for prospective student-athletes with little or no experience in the sport. Campers will be introduced to both technical and physical elements of the sport, beginning on the indoor rowing machine and progressing to 8-man shells on the water.
- An introduction to the Concept2 Ergometer — the primary on-land training tool for rowing
- Physical and technical elements of the rowing stroke
- Fitness for rowing — strength, flexibility, cardio and endurance
- Basic safety and boat handling — carrying and launching shells
- Technical instruction for sweep rowing in 8-man shells with coxswains
- Competitive racing on the water
- All activities will take place at our boathouse (Bair Island Aquatic Center) on the Port of Redwood City under the guidance of the Serra High School coaching staff.
Please email Coach Michael Verdone
(three, one week camps)
Beginner Sweep Learn-to-Row Camp
Intermediate Sweep Rowing Camp
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Students entering grades 7 through 12
Serra Head Crew Coach
Bair Island Aquatic Center
1450 Maple Street
Redwood City, CA