Campus Supervisor - Substitute
Beginning date: Immediately
About Junipero Serra High School
Junípero Serra High School is a Catholic college preparatory for boys located in San Mateo, in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula. Serra’s legacy spans more than 75 years of excellence in Catholic education. A rich and rigorous academic curriculum, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and an environment of support, compassion and mutual respect are hallmarks of Serra. Serra’s faculty and staff are deeply committed to mentoring their students, providing a framework for young men to grow in faith, wisdom and service as active members and leaders in the community.
- BA degree preferred
- Experience working with youth in an educational environment
- Serve as substitute teacher
- Able to manage classroom and student expectations
- Able to follow a lesson plan and facilitate student learning
- Supervises students throughout their day to ensure their safety and appropriate behavior
- Monitors student dress code, student detention, and campus tone
- Responds to disciplinary issues; works with Dean of Students on discipline follow-up as requested
- Works with support personnel on delivery of summons
- Communicates clearly and proactively with students, colleagues and parents
- Performs such related tasks as assigned
Terms of Employment:
Hired annually from August thru May.
Regular schedule is from Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. and occasionally for school events determined by the Dean of Students.