Beginning Date: Immediately
About Junípero Serra High:
Junípero Serra High School is a Catholic college preparatory for boys located in San Mateo, in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula. Serra’s legacy spans more than 75 years of excellence in Catholic education. A rich and rigorous academic curriculum, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and an environment of support, compassion and mutual respect are hallmarks of Serra. Serra’s faculty and staff are deeply committed to mentoring their students, providing a framework for young men to grow in faith, wisdom and service as active members and leaders in the community.
- Demonstrates successful personality and character traits appropriate to Catholic educational leadership.
- Demonstrates successful ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior, character traits, Christian and educational values to student-athletes.
- Demonstrates successful ability to teach, organize and supervise student-athletes.
- Demonstrates successful organizational skills.
- Demonstrates successful ability to work with parent groups, administrators, staff and students.
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Responsible for any adjustments and repairs to equipment before, after and during games.
- Responsible for stocking all spare parts kits.
- Responsible for submitting requests for new equipment to the Athletic Director.
- Shall distribute and collect all school-issued equipment and uniforms at the beginning and end of the season.
- Shall organize and account for all equipment.
- Shall pack and load all equipment before away games.
- Shall learn and maintain the headset communication system.
- Shall work with the head coach to recertify all equipment on an annual basis.
- Shall set-up and clean-up all equipment on practice days.
- Shall continually update professional expertise in the appropriate area by attending clinics, joining professional organizations, reading professional literature or any other acceptable means.
- Shall perform such necessary details in this position which are not specifically stated but which are considered by competent authorities to be generally associated with the equipment manager position as deemed appropriate by the Athletic Director.