Swim School Director
About Junípero Serra High School
Junípero Serra High School is a Catholic college preparatory for boys located in San Mateo, in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula. Serra’s legacy spans more than 75 years of excellence in Catholic education. A rich and rigorous academic curriculum, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and an environment of support, compassion and mutual respect are hallmarks of Serra. Serra’s faculty and staff are deeply committed to mentoring their students, providing a framework for young men to grow in faith, wisdom and service as active members and leaders in the community.
The Junípero Serra Summer Swim School is operated for boys and girls, ages 5-12 and is an extension of the beliefs and philosophy of the high school.
Reports to: Assistant Principal: Student Life
To operate the Junípero Serra Summer Swim School for boys and girls, ages 5-12. This would include working with instructors/lifeguards, swim school students and the parents of the swim school students as well as coordinating the program with other summer programs at Junípero Serra High School.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training instructors/lifeguards
- Coordinating payroll with Human Resources
- Coordinating hours of operation with other programs that use the pool
- Arranging safety purchases and other expenses (including insurance)
- Advertising the lesson program
- Maintaining database of customers
- Scheduling and registering swimmers for lessons
- Coordinating deposits of all fees with Business Office
- Supervising instructors on-site
- Monitoring swimmer progress
- Handle parent, swimmer and instructor concerns
- Coordinate instructor certification with American Red Cross
- Purchase and distribute awards
- Providing reports as needed by Serra Business Office
- Performs such related tasks as may from time to time be assigned
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous leadership and experience in a swim school environment
- CPR/First Aid/Lifeguard Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills: clear, articulate, engaging, and professional in speaking and writing
Salary: TBD based on experience and education.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Please submit cover letter and resume to ted application to Human Resources.